Saturday, March 1, 2008

Discipleship training @ Kluang


Was immediately interested to this programme once it was announced by uncle Ven in the esplosion camp 2007. The speakers - Pastor Victor & Kelly are the one who made me confirmed that i wanted to go for this training.
Truly it was my first time to Kluang (yay! I love to explore places). Four of us- Eliana, Joseph, Sharon Foo and me rushed to the bus station right after our Friday class and took a three-and-a-half-hour journey to our destination.
Kluang is a peaceful and relaxing town if you compare it with KL town. I felt that kind of relaxation right after i alighted from the bus. We had Bro Jit brought us to Oasis to settle our baggages and one of the dogs there greeted me with freshly baked 'cake' =.=|| malang betui. Then, we headed to the youth center for the training after our dinner.
We had around 18 people from various churches such as GEPC (KL), AJPC (KT), PD and Agape church (Kluang) respectively. This training was a packed yet effective one as we learnt ample of effective ways/strategies/techniques to follow up with young christians, interact with strangers and even evangelize to them. We did our practical training which was evangelism in Kluang hospital which was the 1st ever experience in my life to approach a stranger and evangelize !
On the last day of our trip (Sun), we attended the beautifully designed Agape church and received our certificate for the training ^^ It was really a good one and I'm looking forward to level 2 training. People out there, spend some time and money for this, you won't regret.

1 comment:

Christina Kam said...

hey.do share with me more on ur experience in the discipleship training thingy...